Tuesday, October 14, 2008

a day of paths

here, and here, i found reference to a week of paths. i'm not sure i have a week in me, but a day of paths i can do:


it's a bit blurry because it was just a tad too dark and i'm utterly unable to hold still (must get a tripod). it's over at the little castle across the fjord in jægerspris. fabulous place for a walk in the woods on a sunday afternoon.

tomorrow morning, we're headed off for a few days to møn's klint (one of my favorite places in denmark) and then to visit friends in jutland (the bit of denmark that's attached to the rest of europe). it's almost, but not quite (at all), like being in istanbul. sigh...

6 comments:

d smith kaich jones said...

The calendar hanging over my desk - yes, right here in front of me - is a calendar about paths. This month's photo looks like something from Lord of the Rings -a path through the woods, leaves on the ground, a hazy light shining. The quote is from the Bible - "You enlarged my path under me, so my feet did not slip." Last month's quote was from Abraham Lincoln: "The good thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time."

One foot in front of the other.

:) Debi

BrightBoy said...

It's so weird to hear you casually drop the names of these exotic places as if living or going there is totally normal (which, for you of course, it is).

What's the weather like there right now? Is Scandinavia as cold as its reputation makes it out to be?

mo said...

What a beautiful path. We have a nice path right around here too and it is so nice to go and breathe in the good fall smells. Have fun on your holiday!

hele said...

Pure magic.

tangobaby said...

I love your little blurry path. It seems quite real and lovely. But now I want to see the castle!

And now I have to be a total dork and say that when I first think of the word "path," I instantly get the whole scene from Monty Python and the Holy Grail. "A path! A path!"

Must get me some therapy.

;-)

Unknown said...

The blurry effect is lovely! It sure is green there compared with here! This looks like an enchanting place to walk!
~Emily