Sunday, February 28, 2010

weakness in the face of fabulous orange coat

i broke my year of not buying things the other day while house-hunting. i had an hour to kill and lo and behold, in a little bitty town called gammelby (old town) that had a handful of houses and a B&B, i ran onto a large, modern building which said it was an outlet for the danish clothing brand bison. i had to go somewhere, since i wasn't due at the next house for an hour, so i went in. the shop was full of tempting things, but not all of the prices were that tempting. however, i went weak in the knees (and the pocketbook) in the face of this fabulous orange wool coat for 50% off, to boot. i made husband take some pictures of me in it on our walk in the woods yesterday. i hope you agree that it was too good to pass up.






when you fall off the horse, you just have to get back on, so i'll try to pick up the shattered pieces of my year of not buying things and soldier on. and i'm thinking it will help that i have a fabulous coat to wear.

17 comments:

laura may said...

That is a gorgeous coat!!

lm.x

*jean* said...

totally worth it

rayfamily said...

Love It!

Amy said...

I so would have given in also. Excellent

isabelle said...

oh! love that color!!!

Laura Trevey said...

That coat IS fabulous too :)

Elizabeth said...

Yep, this coat had your name on it. It looks more than stunning. You will enjoy it for a long time.

Char said...

it is totally fab...it's true

Anonymous said...

I love your orange coat. I have a raspberry colored wool coat I bought in the same way.

stephanie said...

I think you made the right decision! Super cute coat.

Sammi said...

Definitely too good to pass up, and its not like you paid full price :o)

Tracy Golightly-Garcia said...

Looks very nice on you--love the color.

Best
Tracy :)

Amanda said...

h yes, it was definitely the right thing to buy! Really, you DO have to keep warm, don't you?

I might be a little partial, cause orange s my very favorite color!

Dutchbaby said...

How could you not fall off the wagon with this coat - and 50% off!?! It's a great look on you - you're stylin'!

Bocat said...

Fabulousness! Absolutely Worth It! It would have been as near a shopping sin I can think of to NOT buy that, especially at 50% off!! And orange is my favorite color too. In fact I have a website/store devoted to orange. Would you consider letting me post one of your pics on my site?

Bee said...

LOVE THE COAT.

Coats are investment pieces, anyway. They last for years, right? And anyone who lives in Denmark needs a coat wardrobe.

Eden said...

You are so right!! This coat rocks! I would buy it in a heartbeat! Nice length too :D :D