Friday, December 17, 2010

a blue christmas - or at least a blue winter

our winter wonderland is providing the most incredible shades of blue and grey. it's positively enchanting. all photos taken today.







i've been cooking up a storm. check out the cake here (you too can look like a pro without actually being one). tomorrow, we head for our annual christmas party over on the devil's island. i can't wait. i've even invented a new cocktail for the occasion (i'll share it if it succeeds - but think asti and pomegranates).

wishing everyone a fabulous weekend. catch ya on the other side...

8 comments:

Tracy Golightly-Garcia said...

Hello Julie

Love the shades of blue and the last pictures is my favorite! It looks like a painting.

Best
Tracy :)

lisahgolden said...

These are stunning. You've truly captured the beauty of winter.

paris parfait said...

So gorgeous! We found a place in the Netherlands, so in the new year we can plan our adventure! :) Happy holidays to you and yours. xo

Just a Thought said...

I have been following your blog for the last 6 months. I am subscribed through Mail. I have to say, you always take the most beautiful pictures! I love these. Thank you and keep it up!
Happy Holidays,
Karen

Elizabeth said...

the pictures are stunning. love them.

enjoy your party with your friends.

The Queens Table said...

Oh yes... the last pic is truly enchanting!

Sandra said...

Perfect. Cold makes the snow blue. I was thinking this as I plowed mountains of it on Sunday in sub-zero temps. I thought about how it is blue.

Zuzana said...

Beautiful! How amazing you have so much snow and you are only an hour south of me.;)
Our snow was almost gone but I woke up to a new layer this morning.;)
Have a great weekend and if I do not get a chance to say it later - Merry Christmas dear Julie,
xoxo